Saturday, August 22, 2009

Absence makes the...

Heart grow weaker, the lungs to diminish and the legs to atrophy...

All that in only two weeks! Or is that spelled 'weak'???
I know it was only two weaks but, seriously, could they have gone ANY slower? I didn't take the time off because I wanted to or was too busy... I took it off because, I had to! Remember Psycho? Yeah, me and the Race! That was the first IT injury (right side) for which I spent a little over 24 hours recovering from. Then a little over two weeks ago, I managed on a rather easy run at the Gov's to injury the other IT (left side)!? Granted this one was nothing new, I still decided to take it easy and call it a run... Until the next day when I had already committed to getting a run in with a friend. So, out I went... Not so good!

SO, I took two weeks off as advised by just about, well, EVERYONE!!! That was ok, I knew I needed the rest to properly recover. What was not ok was that I still proceeded to eat like a runner! I gained almost five pounds in two weeks!!! My body had adjusted to the 25+ miles I was putting a week and learned to burn the 'fuel' I was intaking. I use the term 'fuel' because, it sounds better than saying cheese burgers and pizza, doesn't it?

Also, during my time off I was able to think about what I needed to change in my running to accomplish the things I want in with my running. I went this week and to get a stride analysis. But, was told to come back when I could run without pants to be sure... So, I told the wife, "Jenn wants me to come back when I can run without pants." She didn't find this as funny as I did???

I went back Friday, got the analysis done and determined I pronate! I know shocking, right? I bought inserts for the still good trail shoes and invested in new Saucony Glide 2 street shoes. I figure the investment of $150 to hopefully, offset $3000 in knee surgery was a good thing...

Next week, back to running for real!

No excuses, No injuries!
Just Running for the sake of the RUN!

hope to see you out there...
el mono blanco

No comments:

Post a Comment